About our Community Outreach Program
Our community outreach program aims to educate and inform the public to raise awareness about mosquito and vector control like how the public can protect themselves and the entire community from vectors and vector-borne disease.
We attend local events, present to community organizations, hold school assemblies for elementary students and much, much more. We:
- Work with educators, community representatives, elected officials and the media to provide current and accurate information about public health threats posed by mosquitoes and other vectors in Placer County
- Engage the public through community events and fun activities
- Provide educational presentations to groups of all ages
- City of Roseville’s Bird & Bug Bonanza at the Utility Exploration Center. Saturday, February 1, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. FREE to the public. Click here for more information.
- Placer Mosquito Takes the Learning Lab on the Road at the Rocklin Placer County Library. Saturday, March 21, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Click here for more information.
- More to come!
Invite us to an Upcoming Event or Request an Educational Presentation.
You can request an educational presentation or invite us to your upcoming community event by emailing the public information officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.