Areas of western Placer County are scheduled for treatment. An EPA-registered mosquito adulticide will be applied in an ultra-low volume (ULV) fog by aircraft in an effort to address high mosquito numbers and West Nile virus activity.
Treatment areas (click for larger image):
- Agricultural area between Moore Road and E Catlett Road west of Canal Road/Farm Road
- Residential areas along Amoruso Way
- Agricultural area south of Sunset Blvd W along the Placer-Sutter County border to just south of Keys road and east to about 1.5 miles west of Amorouso Road.
- Elverta area of south Placer County – south of Baseline Rd, between Pleasant Grove Rd and Palliday Rd.
- Agricultural area between Jackson and Baseline west of Country Acres to Locust Road.
Note: Depending on weather conditions, the pilot may have to perform an “offset treatment”. This means that residents may see the plane flying outside of the designated treatment area in order to compensate for wind speed and direction and to ensure that our public health materials are reaching the intended area scheduled for the treatment.